While reviewing your monthly credit card bill, tracking your expenses, something catches your eye—there’s an unfamiliar charge from “Amazon FreeTime Unltd.” It’s a modest sum, perhaps around $4.99 for Prime members, but for non-prime members, it could reach $7.99. A sense of confusion might wash over you as you wonder, “What is Amazon FreeTime charge, and why am I being charged for it?”
In this blog post, we’re going to dive into the world of Amazon FreeTime Unltd charges and explore the steps you can take to understand and manage it. So, if you’ve ever found yourself scratching your head at this puzzling charge no worry because we are here to help.
Table of Contents
What is Amazon FreeTime?
Amazon FreeTime Unlimited was once called Freetime Unlimited. In 2020, Amazon decided to change the names. They now call it Amazon Kids or Amazon Kids+.
So, it’s like when someone decides to change the name of their favorite toy. It’s still the same toy, just with a new name. That’s what happened with Amazon FreeTime Unlimited. It got a new name in 2020, and now it’s called Amazon Kids or Amazon Kids+.
Amazon Kids Plus is a subscription service offered by Amazon that is designed with kids in mind. It’s available on Amazon devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Kindle e-readers, as well as on compatible Android and iOS devices.
This service provides a curated, kid-friendly environment where parents can manage and control their children’s screen time, content access, and digital experience. It features exclusive original content and brands like Disney, Nickelodeon, PBS Kids, Marvel, Lego and more.
At its core, Amazon Kids Plus offers a range of features that cater to the unique needs and challenges of parents and their children in the digital age. It is categorized into three age groups: 3 to 5 years old, 6 to 8 years old, and 9 to 12 years old.
It’s important to note that there are both free and paid versions of Amazon Kids Plus, each with its own set of features and benefits.
What Features are Included in Amazon Kids Plus?
Amazon Kids+ offers a range of features to help parents manage their children’s access to digital content and devices:
- Content Library: It provides a vast library of age-appropriate books, apps, games, and videos. These can be customized to match your child’s age and interests.
- Parental Controls: The service allows you to set daily screen time limits, bedtime schedules, and educational goals for your child. You can also create profiles for different kids for up to 4 child profiles, each with its own content and time limits.
- Discussion Cards: Discussion Cards are a unique feature that helps you engage with your child about the content they are viewing. These cards provide conversation starters, facts, and other information related to the content.
- Learn First: The Learn First feature allows you to block access to entertainment content until certain educational goals are met. This promotes a healthy balance between learning and entertainment.
- Age Filters: The age filters recommended for your child based on their date of birth determine the titles shown in Amazon Kids+.
- Unlimited Content: The paid version of Amazon Kids+ provides access to a vast selection of premium content, including popular kids’ shows, movies, and ad-free radio stations.
- FreeTime Unlimited: With FreeTime Unlimited, you get access to a broader range of content, including eBooks, audiobooks, and interactive games.
Can I Use Amazon Kids+ on Multiple Devices?
Yes, you can use Amazon Kids Plus on multiple devices. It is available on Amazon Fire tablets, Fire TV, Kindle e-readers, and compatible Android and iOS devices. This allows your child to seamlessly transition between devices while maintaining the same parental controls and content library.
What are the Different Amazon FreeTime Charges?
The name “Amazon FreeTime” might lead you to believe that it’s entirely free. However, it’s a bit more complex than that. Amazon Kids Plus does offer a free tier, but it also provides a paid subscription option with additional features and content. The free version offers basic parental controls, such as setting daily time limits and content filters. While these features are free to use, there are additional costs associated with Amazon FreeTime that vary depending on your subscription choices.
While Amazon Kids Plus offers a free tier, it’s important to note that there are charges associated with the service, particularly for the premium features. Here’s a breakdown of the charges:
1. Amazon Kids: The basic parental control features of Amazon Kids are free to use. You can set up profiles for your children, manage screen time, and curate their content library without any additional cost.
2. Amazon Kids Plus: To access the full range of premium content, you’ll need to subscribe to Amazon Kids Plus Unlimited.
|Amazon FreeTime Unlimited/Kids+||Monthly||Annually|
Now that you understand the charges associated with Amazon Kids Plus, let’s discuss how to cancel your Amazon Kids Plus subscription, should you decide that it’s no longer suitable for your needs.
How to Cancel Amazon FreeTime/Kids Plus
Canceling your Amazon FreeTime or Kids Plus subscription is a straightforward process. Here’s how to do it:
Step -1: Start by signing into your Amazon account. Use the same account that you used to subscribe to Amazon Kids Plus.
Step -2: Go to Account > Membership & Subscriptions.
Step -3: Scroll down to the “Amazon Kids Plus” section.
Step -4: Now you’ll find the option to “Cancel Subscription.” Click on it.
Step -5: Follow the prompts to finalize the cancellation.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your Amazon Kids Plus subscription will be canceled. Keep in mind that any content that you’ve added to Kids Plus may not be accessible after the cancellation.
Amazon FreeTime/Kids Plus offers a 1-month free trial, but at end of your free trial period the charges take place on your credit. This transition from the free trial to charges often leads to confusion and concerns about unauthorized payments.
However, its is a valuable service for parents looking to manage their children’s screen time and access to digital content. While it does offer a free tier, it’s essential to be aware of the associated charges for premium features and content.
If you ever need to cancel your Amazon FreeTime subscription, the process is relatively simple and can be done through your Amazon account settings.