Now people in the U.S. will be able to send Money to India and Singapore in an easy way with the help of Google Pay. Previously, PayPal and Western Union are the popular way of sending Money In India, but soon things can be changed as Google has partnered with Western Union and Wise to enable the new service via the Google Pay U.S app.
Google says in his blog,
“By the end of the year, we expect that U.S. Google Pay users will be able to send money to people in more than 200 countries and territories through Western Union and to more than 80 countries through Wise,”
Currently, it only allows Google Pay’s U.S. users to send Money to those in India and Singapore — and no other country around. According to Woodward, the company picked India and Singapore because of how important they are in the remittances world.
According to the World Bank, India was the largest receiving Country for remittances in 2019, as it receives more than $80 billion in the year. Meanwhile, the US is the largest sender.
How to Send Money from Google Pay U.S. to Google Pay India.
- To send Money internationally, start by searching for the Google Pay user you want to send Money in the Google Pay app.
- Tap “Pay” and select either Western Union or Wise.
- Then fill up the amount that you need to send in $ Dollar, and it shows the guaranteed rate the Receiver will be receiving in the form of SGD (Singapore Dollar) and Indian Rupees as shown in the image.
- Click Continue, and it will show you the receiver country and sending amount. If you want, then you can change the Country as well as the amount before sending.
- Now select how’s your Receiver will receive the Money, either Cash Pick up or Bhim UPI Pay.
- After that select, how you would like to Pay to Receiver by Credit Card or Bank Account.
- When the Money has been sent, you’ll get a notification.
Google Pay Receiver Payment System
The Receiver either gets Cash Pick up option where he can go to the nearest Western Union branch and collect the Money by himself or transfer it in his/her bank account with the help of the BHIM UPI payment option.
BHIM UPI works for both the Country in India and as well as Singapore. In 2020, the Indian High Commissioner at Singapore, Jawed Ashraf, launched the Bhim UPI app for Singapore. The project was jointly developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Network for Electronic Transfers (NETS) of Singapore.
Feature of Google Pay U.S.
- Currently, Google Pay U.S. users can transfer Money to India and Singapore only.
- They can transfer Money with Google selective Partner “Wise” and “Western Union.”
- The maximum amount that can be sent via Google Pay U.S. is $50,000 with the help of Western Union.
- Maximum amount can be sent Via Wise is $2000 USD Dollar.
- Wise will make the first transfer free for new customers on transfers up to $500.
- Google is charging $0 transfer fee till June 16.
- Google Pay payment is only available for person-to-person payments, not for a person to Business.
Google Pay U.S. vs. PayPal
Google Pay with Wise and Western Union partnership will directly compete with its biggest rivals such as PayPal. PayPal, which has a broader reach but struggles in India.
Google Pay is less technical to setup bank account or your payment method. Meanwhile, Paypal is much complicated in the bank account Setup.
Google Pay charges $0 transferring fee until June 16, although Google has not yet decided the exact transfer fee that it will charge from the sender after their initial free offerings. However, as per the data & Images, it could charge around 1.10% transfer fee, which was less than the PayPal 4.4% transfer fee.
Google Pay gives you the option to Pay the amount in BHIM UPI which is the fastest way to transfer money into receiver bank account almost instantly. Meanwhile PayPal take three to four days to transfer money from PayPal Wallet to Receiver Bank account after successfully Receiving the amount from the sender.
This feature will provide immense relief to those who have been hit with the second wave of the novel coronavirus affecting various parts of the Country.
It will help U.S. residents and NRIs coordinate to collect and transfer funds to the Country. I hope this will be helpful and provide solution for what you are looking.