Professional Business videos come in a variety of forms and can have a big impact on your business. Companies are creating expert professional videos in the form of presentations, testimonials, onboarding videos, explainer videos, and other kinds of corporate videos to attract the attention of prospects. Check out some important facts:
- There has been a steady increase in marketers who use videos for enhancing businesses by 41% since 2016.
- It has been observed that people tend to remember only 20% of what they read as compared to the 80% of what they see.
- Video has always ranked on marketing’s trend list, and its effectiveness is still increasing. 87% of marketers who use video marketing techniques report positive ROI, and 86% have reported an increase in the number of leads.
- It has also been surveyed that 92% of business marketers will continue to use video in their business promotions. 95% of businesses plan to maintain or enhance their spending on video marketing.
Considering these stats that reflect the paramount importance of video marketing for businesses, it’s high time you start using and advancing the concept for your business as well.
Tips for Creating Professional Videos at Home
You don’t need fancy gear or heavy investments to create professional videos. Your smartphone or iPhone is enough to make an enticing corporate video. Before you gear up to make compelling videos for your business, you need to prepare well, bringing all relevant aspects together.
You need to plan well, use the right tools, and apply apt expertise along with the involvement of a great team. Here’s how you can get professional videos for your brand:
Determine the General Purpose of the Video
Before you start creating a video, it’s important to decide what the purpose of the video you are creating is.
- Do you want to make an informational video and provide necessary training or product-related knowledge to your viewers?
- Do you want to make an explanatory video and discuss the details of your brand or products?
- Is the video meant for marketing purposes or to increase brand awareness?
The idea is to introduce your company to new prospects. Once you’ve established the overall purpose of your video, all other ideas should spring from that purpose. It is also imperative to connect with your prospects on an emotional level. Try to avoid jargon or heavy data analytics, as such information can be complex for the audience. Simply focus on their needs and connect with them in an engaging way
What do you want to portray?
You must decide what kind of video you want to represent your business with. There are several options that you can use:
- An explainer video to show your viewers what your business has to offer.
- Product demonstration, where you strictly focus on your products and services and educate the audience accordingly.
- You can create a company culture video and show your prospect how your business functions and the ethics and principles it follows.
- Behind the scene video perfectly grasps the essence of how your products are made, how your employees and team function, and how the management runs the business.
- Customer testimonials are one of the most lucrative forms of videos. Human tendency is such that people believe what other people say. So, if you have existing customers who have satisfied with your service or products, put them on a video and circulate it to earn more leads.
- You can also create a mini-documentary about how you ventured into the business and where it has reached today – it is more like sharing your success story with the audience and passing on the thrill of success to them.
Set the Scene
Before you make your professional videos, which can be either at home or at your work desk, make sure you have everything placed professionally. The environment should be friendly, bright, unobtrusive, and clean. Keep the clutter away and make sure the place has a positive vibe.
Make Sure the Lighting Is Appropriate
You can use a variety of lighting fixtures to get just the right amount of lighting. Use professional video lights like LED lights to provide a soft, natural glow. You can also depend on natural light. If your recording is clear and easy to understand, it’s more likely to look good to your audience.
Keep Scripts Short and Easy to Understand
Go for minimal video scripting, especially if you’re making an educational video. You don’t want to burden your viewers with extra information. Use the summary form of information and stick to the essence of the information, inviting them to come back for more. Concentrate on the gist of the video and avoid unnecessary information and repetition that can discourage your viewership. Here are some tips:
- Create parts of the script that relate to the overall purpose of the video.
- Reduce verbosity and avoid jargon.
- Avoid unnecessary repetition unless it creates a dramatic effect.
- Avoid using complex language.
Use a Mic
Your sound quality should be high, which can only be attained if you use a high-end mic. If you are shooting using your smartphone, you can use the voice memos feature. Also, watch out for the echo or buzz in the background, as these sounds can drown out the audio. It can also disturb people listening at high volumes or with headphones.
Refine Your Story with Video Editing
There are several tools available on video apps that add to the sophistication and a convenient user experience. Use the editing software to transform your visual overlay and storytelling elements, such as graphics, text, and anything that can grab your audience’s attention. You must include subtitles, an SEO-enriched title, a description, hashtags, and thumbnails that can up your game on search engines. Subtitling allows the viewer to understand the context without the sound, which keeps them engaged during silent viewing.
Editing your Video Professionally
Use the best online video editor to combine engaging audio with alluring videos. Use the right color scheme, video animations, and background images, and combine the clips systematically to make a full-fledged impressive promotional video for your business. Follow these basic guidelines while editing your professional videos:
- Your video must have a good beginning and an impactful end – If your viewers aren’t interested in the video they’re watching, they will go back or hit the cancel button within 10 seconds of watching a video. So, grab their attention in the first 10 seconds. Make your introduction fun and exciting to engage your audience right from the start.
- Encourage viewers to watch to the end. The conclusion and summary of the video are just as important as the introduction. The objective is to engage the entire audience and provide all the information they need.
Decide What Angle to Make the Video – Horizontal? Vertical? Square?
A good argument can be made for all three aspect ratios, although vertically oriented videos are the trending ones. It depends a lot on what you want to convey and how your audience views your video. Most social networks are compatible with all three directions.
Consider landscape orientation if most people will watch the video from a desktop device. If your viewers are more likely to watch your video on their mobile devices, consider square or vertical. However, the device should not be the sole factor in this decision. We also need to consider efficacy metrics.
Post Your Videos on Multiple Channels
Use appropriate channels to ensure that your professional videos reach as many people as possible. Your video is useless for your business if you can’t effectively reach your intended audience. It’s important to understand your target audience and where you can find them. Post your videos on social media channels and YouTube, besides embedding the video on your website.
Ready to emphasize your business and enhance your brand outreach through professional videos? Finding the right mix of audio and visuals can dramatically improve your business performance. Create, edit, post, and develop professional-looking videos that will take your organization to the next level. You can also look for expert assistance to help you curate such professional videos, but if you plan to do it on your own, do it well and perfectly.