Betting on cricket is one of the favorite entertainment for cricket fans in India. Why? There is a very simple answer to the question: cricket is the most common game in India, with millions of people in the country being its fans. Hence the popularity of betting. But there are several other reasons why Indian cricket betting is so interesting:
- Incredibly exciting gameplay. The dynamics of the events taking place on the cricket field are very addictive and the temptation to place a bet only grows from this;
- Wide betting opportunities. Cricket’s lineup is diverse. You can find great outcomes with great odds and high winning probabilities if you have some prognosticating and sports analytics skills;
- More impressions. Betting on cricket is not only an opportunity to win if you win but also increases the emotion of the game. It is much more enjoyable to win with your favorite team!
In addition, betting companies often run promotions and make bonus offers dedicated to cricket, which can only generate more interest in betting.
Cricket Leagues and Tournaments
ICC Cricket World Cup
Perhaps, ICC seems to be one of the most important of all cricket tournaments. The ICC Cricket World Cup is not the only tournament run by the International Cricket Council, but it is by far the biggest and can be called the ‘King of Kings’ among all tournaments. Playing a total of 14 teams, this giant cricket tournament takes place in 4 stages: the League Stage, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Final. The winners of the finals are deemed “World Champions” for the next four years.
ICC World T20
As one of the newest forms of cricket, the T-twenty format has expanded to new horizons beyond anyone’s imagination. The proof of this is the world cricket tournament played by all major cricket teams. And the reasons for this may be:
- Its fast-paced nature makes it extremely exciting;
- It eliminates a long-standing problem associated with the sport that cricket is too time-consuming;
- The world tournament is only held for two years;
- Records are set and set regularly.
ICC Champions Trophy
This is a battle of the best in the world. Only the highest-ranked teams face each other. It first started in 1998 with the idea of holding an elimination cricket tournament as part of the ICC World Cup. Eventually, the hype surrounding the tournament got so high that they decided to call it the ICC Champion Trophy.
Big Bash League
The Big Bash League journey began in 2011 in Australia. The cricket tournament is played in a T-20 format, with players from all over the world participating. Teams are formed according to the states of the country. Eight teams compete in the tournament:
- Perth Scorchers;
- Adelaide Strikers;
- Sydney Sixers;
- Sydney Thunder;
- Melbourne Renegades;
- Melbourne Stars;
- Hobart Hurricanes;
- Brisbane Heat.
The Big Bash League has the 6th highest number of participants in all cricket tournaments worldwide.
Indian Cricket Leagues and Tournaments
The Duleep Trophy, named after Kumar Sri Dulipsinhji, was established by the BCCI to increase competition in the Indian cricket arena. The tournament was proposed to help the national selectors in assessing the form of cricket players.
The Deodhar Trophy was established in 1973-74 as the one-day equivalent of the Ranji Tournament. It is named after the great old man of Indian cricket, the late Professor D.B. Deodhar. It is played between the five zones of Indian cricket – North, South, East, West, and Central zones.
The Irani Cup was established in the 1959/60 season as a celebration of the Silver Jubilee of the Ranji Trophy. This particular trophy is the only first-class match played between the reigning champions of the Ranji Trophy and the rest of India. Z.R. Irani has been a legend in the history of Indian cricket and an important part of the BCCI since its inception. Thus, the board paid tribute to the late legend by naming the cup after him.
Indian Premier League (IPL)
An argument can be made for the shape of the world. But there can be no argument here when it comes to the love of the Indian people for cricket. There are over 400 million cricket fans in this country who watch the sport regularly. So, the fact that India is hosting one of the most exciting cricket tournaments in the world comes as no surprise to anyone. IPL includes some of the best international stars and a stage for talented Indian youngsters to live their dream of cricket. The tournament is held in the following phases:
- Double round-robin league stage;
- A playoff round consisting of two qualifying matches and a match of qualifiers;
The IPL contributed over $160 million to the Indian economy in 2015. In 2019, the cricketing giant had a net profit of more than $6.7 billion.
Indian Cricket Betting Sites
You can bet on major tournaments through betting sites or mobile Indian cricket betting apps. The same applies to betting on cricket tournaments. There are countless excellent Indian cricket betting sites. You can be sure that all the sites listed below are available and working in your region of India.
- Parimatch with its bonus of 150% on your first deposit up to INR 30,000;
- Melbet with its bonus of 100% up to INR 20,000 on the first deposit made by new users;
- 1Win with its bonus of +500% on your first deposit up to INR 145,000;
- Betway with a bonus for new players which might be up to INR 2,500;
- 1xBet’s bonus offers 100% up to INR 20,000 cash available for the absolute newcomers on the first completion of their deposit requirements.
Deposit Methods for Indian Cricket Betting
Depending on the services you use, there are many transaction systems and deposit methods to use. You can either use a traditional banking system or e-wallets, we recommend using cards and e-wallet platforms because they provide instant transactions and a secured portal through the payment gateway. In some countries of the globe, e-wallets have not reached their full potential. The following methods are available on most of the sites you’ll come across:
- Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, etc.
These are the most used deposit methods around the world, especially in India. To deposit money into the sportsbook, register and get started with any banking as mentioned above systems and integrate it with the platform!
Betting on cricket tournaments is easier than ever before. More than 95% of the betting on cricket is done in real-time. Thanks to the wonder of the Internet, all tournaments today can be watched live from anywhere in the world.