The Government has made vaccination available for people age above 18, but booking the vaccination slots on the CoWIN website can be frustrating and hectic. It also doesn’t guarantee that you will be able to book your slot at the end of the day. It’s all due to millions of people, which far surpasses the number of slots that become available. However, with CoWin extension chrome, you can easily book a vaccination slot instantly.
India witnesses the second wave of coronavirus. Seeing the second wave, the Government has decided to allow everyone above 18 years of age to get vaccinated from May 1.
Registration for vaccination aged above 18 has already begun from April 28 on the CoWIN website and Aarogya Setu App.
While the problem is the Slots nearby to get vaccinated are subject to availability, proving to be difficult to get the vaccinating slot. Securing a slot is the most challenging part; let go of securing 2-3 slots for family members.
However, with the help of the CoWin extension chrome, you can secure a slot easily, not only for yourself but for your family too. Here’s How it done:-
Register on CoWin platform
The very first step is to register yourself for the Covid vaccination on the Cowin Website.
- Go to the https://www.CoWin.gov.in/home
- Enter your mobile number and click on the OTP (One Time Password). Enter the OTP received on your mobile number and click on the verify button.
- In the next step, Enter required details such as name, photo ID proof & number, age & gender.
- Click ‘Register’ at the bottom right.
- That’s it, upon successful registration. You will receive a confirmation message.
Here’s How to Book Slot with CoWin Bot Extension.
1. Install and Download CoWIN chrome extension from here
2. Go to https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in/ and login with OTP
3. Select beneficiaries and click on Schedule Now to move to the search page
4. Once on the search page, open this extension, fill the form and Submit
Checkout the video given below on how to use the CoWin browser extension efficiently.
Chrome Extension works due to the Vulnerability present in the CAPTCHA mechanism
It is possible just because of the Vulnerability in the CAPTCHA mechanism present in the CoWin website.
These extensions or bot are previously used in the sites like Flipkart and Amazon to book smartphones in Flash Sales. To stop these bots, developers use the CAPTCHA mechanism.
CAPTCHA is an acronym for “Computer Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans apart”. It is used to determine whether or not the user is human. CAPTCHA is bypassed due to mainly two reasons:
- Design Issues
- Implementation Issues
However, in the CoWin website, it has both. Here’s the CAPTCHA is used as the image base and pretty old. The problem lies in the limited number of questions. In this CAPTCHA, there are only 100 challenges that keep on iterating, thus making itself vulnerable.
What developer of CoWin extension has done? He downloaded hundreds of their CAPTCHA and figured out a way to reverse map the image parts to specific letters.
This is why ordinary or non-technical people could not book the Covid-19 vaccine slots because they are competing with the bots all the time.
We hope the CoWin Developer will fix this issue so the ordinary people can also book the slot, likely as the technical one.