The MIUI 12.5 beta version is already out for the Redmi Note 8
While many Xiaomi smartphone users are looking forward to new MIUI 13 feature update this year. But before that, there is a major update dubbed as MIUI 12.5 lined-up for all Xiaomi smartphones including Redmi Note 8 series.
Xiaomi reveals that the major purpose of MIUI 12.5 update is to offer better stability and optimizations to the Xiaomi Smartphone ahead of the MIUI 13 rollout, that not all MIUI 12.5 will also bring Android 11 to eligible Xiaomi devices.
Redmi Note 8 is one of the devices to get MIUI 12.5 based upon Android 11. The MIUI 12.5 beta version is already out for the Redmi Note 8 with Android 11. It suggests that the Redmi Note 8T and Note 8 Pro will also be liable for this update in the future.
The MIUI 12.5 update will arrive to Redmi Note 8 as beta version 21.1.5 for the Chinese Region. The Redmi Note 8 Global edition will get an update sometime later.
How to install MIUI 12.5 update on Redmi Note 8
The latest MIUI 12.5 China beta version is unstable and buggy like all beta versions. We will not be held accountable if anything goes wrong while installing MIUI 12.5 update on your handset
NOTE: This MIUI 12.5 beta version is specifically for only Redmi Note 8. Make sure to back up all important data in case something goes wrong during the installation.
1. Unlock your phone’s bootloader using the Mi Unlock app provided by Xiaomi.
3. Download TWRP from the official site.
4. Download MIUI 12.5 ROM (beta 21.1.5) here
Installing MIUI Update
1. Firstly, Put the TWRP file you’ve downloaded into your ADB folder on your PC
2. Connect your Xiaomi Device and your PC using USB cable to start up ADB.
3. Next, use the command in bold to boot into Fastboot mode: ADB reboot bootloader
4. Next up your phone will go into fastboot mode. To check if everything has gone smoothly so far, run fastboot devices on your Terminal, and you should see your device serial number.
5. Next is to rename the TWRP file to recovery, place the renamed file in the same ADB folder and install TWRP using this command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6. Wait until the TWRP installation is completed, Now disconnect your phone from the PC and then press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time to boot into recovery mode. You should see a Redmi logo once the device boots into recovery mode. Let go of the buttons and the device will now boot into TWRP recovery.
7. Inside TWRP, navigate to Wipe —> Advanced Data —> select Cache, System, Dalvik, Vendor, and Data. DO NOT touch Internal Storage.
8. Go on to the “Install” option and select the saved MIUI 12.5 beta Chinese ROM file on your device and then swipe to install.
9. Once installation is complete, go to the Wipe menu and choose Format Data. Doing this will effectively erase all the data on your device.
10. Restart your phone by selecting Reboot from TWRP main menu. If an error saying ‘No OS installed’ shows up, ignore it. Your phone should boot MIUI 12 update after it.
If you find out any problem while installing MIUI 12.5 update let us know in the comment section below.